Sunday, July 29, 2018

Hospitality Day! A day with an American Family. πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡¬πŸ‘ͺπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Yesterday, I spent the whole day with an American Family. Early in the morning, an old man called Jhonnie and his mother in law Dorthy. She is really a nice friendly woman. She sent Bob and me to Walmart to bring some groceries. and then I went with Bob to the neighbors garden to bring some fresh vegetables. We went through the garden and we had a lot of talk about the similarities and the differences between the American society and the Egyptian society in different fields such as the social, educational, financial and economical. When we were back, Hhonnie and I baked bread and banana cakes together and then, we had the lunch. It was really delicious. After the lunch, I started to tell them about Egypt and the places where they can visit. I had some sort of games like hieroglyphic symbols also, I wrote their names in Arabic and we did coloring some photos from Egypt. Bob used to host students from all over the world and I was lucky to be his first Egyptian visitor. I wrote my name in their visitors' book I was number 129 visitor. Lately, we went out in around and visited some places like Sam's, Walmart, Shoe Carnaval and the mall. The final part of the day, We took a family photo that Jhonnie will put in her Visitors' Album. She prepared me a carryout lunch and I gave them some souvenirs from Egypt. Finally, Bob drove me back to the Hotel with a promise to see each other again. 

Bob came to the hotel where I live to pick me up. Bob is really a nice man. We had a short conversation about my plan for the day, and I told him I will spend the day like what you do regularly. He took me on a ride for almost an hour in and around Fayetteville. I saw a lot of houses and green areas. then we headed to his house. He introduced me to his wife

I was really worried about the day. I thought It could be boring and I would not get much fun. On the contrary, It was a wonderful idea to spent with a host family. That forced me to speak in English all the time. I had to keep the conversations on. in addition to that, I had to see the others' culture and how really it affects the communication and the interaction between people from other countries. I think also, it achieves one of the targets of the program about exchanging and crosses cultures. For my future plans. I think I might be one of the hosts in my country. When I will have the chance to talk about my country, learn from the others and convey my message to the others all over the world.                 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the description! I'm so glad you had a great time, and I think it would be great to be a cultural host when you get back to Egypt.

    ReplyDelete