Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Teaching Pronunciation 🎤

Yesterday we had a class about teaching pronunciation. The class was from Dr. Christina.there were 27 students in the class. It was a mix of the Egyptian, the American TEFLers, and the Mexican Teachers. In that class, we had some ideas for teaching pronunciation. the class was divided into mixed groups of the three nationalities. We had a great chance to practice a variety of activities in pairs, groups, and the whole class. Games like peas in the mouse, check yourself and the same sentences, different meanings. Also, She provided us with different materials for pronunciation activities like Mastering the American Accent. I really liked that class. I used to use some of these resources in my classes even me myself used them in learning the language. I guess these kind of classes are really interesting because it involves much interaction rather than lecturing all the time. I believe
that I am going to follow these steps when I am back.       

1 comment:

  1. Which steps do you want to follow when you get back? Why do you think Christina decided to include a lot of interaction? Do you think the interaction is more effective than lecturing? Why or why not?

    ReplyDelete