Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Managing a Faculty Career 🕴🤵

Today, we had a wonderful meeting with a wonderful woman. Dr. Ro Dibrezzo is the vice provost for faculty affairs and professor of kinesiology. She gave us a session about managing a career as a faculty member. She is awesome. She has a presence while she is talking and she has the ability to grasp the attention of her audience. She gave us some advice from her experience and her position in the faculty. If you are the teacher, remember that you have the power. you have the power over the students and the administration. the students know that you are in power so, use this power to become a better staff member. The second point is not to be casual. Being casual with your students is different from being their good example. I guess I will make use of this advice in my upcoming life.    

1 comment:

  1. You wrote, " I guess I will make use of this advice in my upcoming life."

    Tell me how. Most of these blog posts, you simply summarize the content and point out a few key points. I want you to reflect. Answer questions like this:
    * How will you use this advice?
    * Why do you think this is good advice?
    * Do you already do any of the things that the speaker suggested?
    * What are some of the difficulties that you have encountered with regard to the power relationship between teachers and students?

    These are a few options. There are many others. Try to make that transition to reflective blogging.

    ReplyDelete