Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Fulbright Reception 🤵🍷🥂

Yesterday, We had a Fulbright Reception with University of Arkansas Chancellor, Faculty, Staff, and the Current Fulbright Scholars. Imagin that you are standing in a room with people from over 28 countries all over the world, What would you feel? They were talking in different languages, studying different majors. I met people from The USA, Egypt, Canada, Mexico, Zambia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Albania and different places all over the world. we listened to Chancellor who give us a short talk about the history of the Fulbright also, we listened to talks from the dean and the vice dean. about the relationship of the Fulbright and the other countries. I met my mentor Dr. Dennis Beck for the first time and we talk about my research, Egypt and some personal stuff. I met other mentors who are working with my colleagues. I met some other students from India and Saudi Arabia. we had drinks and snakes and of course some photos. I spent a nice time with all those people around me. I wish I could see them again.     

1 comment:

  1. I loved this quote, " Imagine that you are standing in a room with people from over 28 countries all over the world. What would you feel?" This is what this whole experience is all about. You get to do this quite frequently here and although this is just a unique experience, it is also meant to more than that. It is meant to be a reminder of just what a powerful tool English is as a tool for international communication. Even though you might know that back home, are you frequently reminded of its impact on international communication?

    ReplyDelete