Sunday, July 22, 2018

My First Flight 👀

My first flight, I have never been on a plane before. I have a lot of mixing feelings. It is a combination of worry, frightening, joy, and excitement. Also, it was the first time I leave my family for a long time. I drove to Cairo airport by midnight when I arrived, it was about 3:00 am. My flight takes off time is 4:25. I had to finish the checking in and the boarding but I do not know how. I started to ask the officers at the airport and they were very helpful. then I met my colleagues from the Fulbright program as we are all traveling together. we had a lot of pictures and then I started to feel calmer. we all prayed together then we took the plan to Frankfort, Germany. we had the Lufthansa airline. the feeling of the took off and landing was great and the flight attendants usually smile and very helpful. we had the breakfast then I looked form the window and saw the different places in Europe. once we arrived at the airport we had a one-hour transit which made us a little harry because we had a security check. After passing the security check we run to catch the flight which was Lufthansa also and we head to Huston, Texas. this flight was too long it took about 10 hours and that was too tiring. once we arrived texas all the Fulbright cohorts had to be divided and travel to their destination. we were supposed to take about 5 hours layover but unfortunately, we spend about 8 hours in the airport. we spend that time moving around and we had a lot of pictures. after that, we had our last flight to Arkansas airport. we spent about 90 minutes on this flight and we have reached about midnight. we were worried about how we will be picked up at the hotel where we will stay. but fortunately, the people here were very aware of our arrival we met with our staff Mekiya and Aditi. they were very friendly and they drove us to Staybridge suites where we will stay for the rest of the program. this was a great day. I think I will have never forgotten.      

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your first plane trip turned out so well. I'm also happy that you had friendly faces greet you at the airport in Fayetteville. We strive to make sure you all know you're welcome. Thank you for coming Sameh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the really thank is for you and all the team. All of you are making make us feel home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I cannot believe that you had never been on a plane and that day you got to go on multiple rides! Even though you had to wait a while, how interesting to be an adult and get to recall those feelings (I do not even remember my first flight)! What an experience!

    ReplyDelete