Monday, July 23, 2018

Learning Circles ๐Ÿ‘จ‍๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿ‘จ‍๐Ÿ‘ง‍๐Ÿ‘ง ๐Ÿ‘จ‍๐Ÿ‘ง‍๐Ÿ‘ง ๐Ÿ‘จ‍๐Ÿ‘ง‍๐Ÿ‘ง

My second class observation was with Dr. Stephen Burgins. the class was about "Learning Circles". The class was held at PEAH 206. The students are 16 pre-service teachers of different ages. The class started the class earlier because they have an assessment after that the class started with introducing today's lesson. First, the teacher started with a video "Bunnies can fly. Prof." Then with a peer game. The class was really funny. The main purpose of this lesson to teach students to learn about the different stages of learning circles "Exploration, Explanation, and application". The teacher used different activities varied between individual, peer, group and whole class. I think that students are enjoying their lesson. After that, the teacher explained the meaning of the learning circles and the theoretical part. So, they learned "learning circles" through "learning circles". I think I agree with this technique as I believe learning by practice is better than the presenting the new information theoretically. I will try to do this in my following classes.              

2 comments:

  1. Great description! (And HILARIOUS video!)

    You wrote, "I think I agree with this technique as I believe learning by practice is better than the presenting the new information theoretically. I will try to do this in my following classes."

    Could you tell me more about this? Why do you think the practice idea is better? What aspects do you want to use in your classes? How do you think you might do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by this as well. Please explain a little bit more about what the presenter showed you but its real application in the class. And how in the world did this video tie into it all?

    ReplyDelete